The Android 11 update for the Asus Zenfone 6 has now begun rolling out for the mid-2019 flagship with the firm’s ZenUI skin in Taiwan. The mobile is receiving its last major update because the smartphone was launched back in May 2019 it is now 1.5 years old phone.
As this is a major upgrade, there is a very sizeable OTA update package to download to your device. ZenUI is by no means a “light” Android skin, so at around 3GB in size, there are plenty of changes on offer here. If you do have a Zenfone 6, then you should see Android 11 manifest itself as build number 18.0610.2011.107.
The latest ZenUI based Android 11 update brings new media controls from the notification bar, screen recorder, power button menu, conversations & bubbles, temporary permissions, wireless Android Auto, and notification history, etc.
Changelog: Asus Zenfone 6 Android 11 update
- Upgrade system to Android 11
- Please backup your data before upgrading. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be erased
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Remove private listening, ZenUI Help and one-handed mode
- The power expert function is integrated into the battery setting. Remove Avast scan engine
- The desktop removes options such as smart classification, alignment icons, and icon packages. Click on a blank area of the screen to organize application software icons across pages.
- Import the new ZenUI interface design
- Adjust the quick setting panel interface and support media control. Remove the multi-window entrance, and add adjacent sharing options (need to manually add)
- The “Wi-Fi automatic download and installation” setting of the system update
- The third-party desktop supports the use of full-screen gestures