Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 6 Pro is the handset that updated to Android 8.1 (Oreo) and Android 9.0 (Pie) along with MIUI 10 and MIUI 11. Now, it has started receiving MIUI 12 update.
Continue to this the key highlight of MIUI 12 is privacy enhancements. The Mi Blog notes that the new MIUI 12 allows users to quickly see the permissions each app is using in real-time, making it one of the stark upgrades from MIUI 11. The app permissions section also has ‘While using the app’ and ‘Notify’ options.
Redmi Note 6 Pro – Global Stable V22.214.171.124.PEKMIXM
Xiaomi publishes this new update with build number V126.96.36.199.PEKMIXM in all the regions Globally. The update is in the ‘Stable Beta’ phase, and therefore, it is only available for select users. But it should be soon available for all the users if there aren’t any significant issues with the build.
- Optimization: Full-screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to November 2020. Increased system security.
- [System animations]
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- [Control center]
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- [Dark mode]
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- [Status bar, Notification shade]
- Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode