OnePlus became the most valuable Android smartphone brand to release the January 2021 security patch. The latest security update was first released to the OnePlus Nord N10 and then to the OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T series and the OnePlus 6 Series. Now, the company is releasing the update to the OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro.
The OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro are receiving the January 2021 security patch on OxygenOS 11 Open beta right now, but it could soon be rolled out in stable as well, OnePlus may have included other improvements apart from the new security patch. We have the official changelog, the beta introduces a new Dock in the Shelf that displays daily steps, screen usage time, and other information. There are also a few fixes and optimizations, such as solving an issue where Game Space could not turn off in-game notifications.
The Open Beta 6 also improved the gaming experience, and the team has worked on optimizing frame rate stability. Other optimizations include the layout of the cloud service interface in the gallery and weather animation effects.
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
- Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
- Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
- Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency
- Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Gaming Space
- Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience
- Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we’ll begin a broader rollout in a few days.
These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.