Finally, OnePlus has begun rolling out the stable Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series. Last month the company released the fourth Open Beta version of Android 11 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series. That build was mostly to fix the system and Bluetooth-related bugs. The update comes with a package of around 2.7GB.
The update brings Always-on Display, a simplified settings page, new system font with better readability, more customization options, new Zen Mode themes, and a lot more.
The OxygenOS 11 update brings the brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details, adds Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display), it also adds the Canvas always-on display, which can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and display it on your lock screen (Go to Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
The latest update also adds a new feature for Dark mode, it adds the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pulls down the quick setting to enable it. Now supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (Go to Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
It adds the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos and optimizes the loading speed to improve the image preview experience.
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
As always, OxygenOS 11 OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and we’ll begin a broader rollout in a few days. Head to Settings -> System -> System updates and tap the Download button to install the OxygenOS 11 update.
- Global / India: Full Update
- Europe: Full Update
OnePlus 7 Pro
- Global / India: Full Update
- Europe: Full Update
OnePlus 7T Pro
How to Download & Install OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 7 and 7T series
- Download the official Rom from above
- Once the file is downloaded, go to the File Manager.
- Long press the file to select it.
- Hit the action overflow menu (three vertical dots).
- Select Cut.
- Hit Internal storage.
- Hit the Paste button to paste the file in the root directory of your phone. Now that the file is in the requisite directory, you can go ahead with the local upgrade.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select System.
- Hit System updates.
- Hit Install Now to manually install OxygenOS 11 stable on your OnePlus phone.
- Once the installation is finished, navigate to the About phone page to verify the build number.