There are many users who think the battery degrades its performance over a long time and the working capacity or the efficiency of the battery is reduced upon usage at a certain period. a phone’s battery lifespan depends on the charge cycles rated by the manufacturers.
The charging habit defines battery health, to keep the battery health in good condition, you need to charge the phone fully in a single charge when the battery reaches 20% or below.
If you own a OnePlus smartphone and you are also facing the same problem.
Oneplus does have a diagnostic app that can give users information about the health of their battery. And OnePlus has a great build quality that it really hard to swap out an older degraded battery for a new one
For the solution to this problem, OnePlus itself have published the app on their Chinese support site. The app is “OnePlus Diagnostic” with the package name com.oneplus.healthcheck.
The app is compatible with both HydrogenOS and OxygenOS. With the help of the app, users can check important battery parameters such as capacity, temperature, charging state, etc.
“Community members of XDA studied the app and gave an insight. The value of the “Battery state” parameter shows the battery wear level. Community members of XDA upon inspecting the app’s code discovered that the app reads the value from /sys/class/power_supply/bms/battery_health.”
- In the app “BMS” stands for Battery Management System
- The value is reported by a battery fuel gauge IC made by Maxim Integrated.
- If the value is < 80, the app reports the battery as having a “serious loss” incapacity
- This app is supported on Oneplus 3/3T, Oneplus 5/5T, Oneplus 6/6T, and Oneplus 7 and 7T series. Users should be running on OxygenOS or HydrogenOS on their respective Oneplus devices
- This app is not supported on Oneplus 8 and Oneplus 8 Pro