WhatsApp is among the most popular messaging apps. and it allows its people to share the messages, images, videos, gifs & pdf files of their choice, and have control over with whom users want to share their things. And it is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family.
But sometimes messages from unknown peoples can be annoying. Especially if you receive them frequently. With just a few taps, you can block contact or an unknown number from contacting you through WhatsApp.
Some important things you should know before blocking someone from WhatsApp.
Note: People getting blocked can make them feel anxious or guilty. for example, they may get upset, especially if they don’t think they should have been blocked. Some may see it as a sign of being passive-aggressive if there wasn’t a conversation about how both of you have been feeling, and it can escalate into conversations or arguments that can affect everyone negatively.
- Once you block a person, you will stop receiving messages, calls, and status updates from that specified person.
- your last seen, online, status updates, and any changes made to your profile photo will no longer be visible to contacts you’ve blocked.
- It is also important to remember that blocking a contact on WhatsApp doesn’t remove them from your contacts list, nor will it remove you from the list on the contact’s phone. To delete a contact, you must delete the contact from your phone’s address book.
- Another important thing is, if you unblock the user in the future, you won’t receive any messages, the contact sent you during the time they were blocked, or get notified of their past calls or status updates.
How to block a contact on WhatsApp for Android.
- Go to WhatsApp
- Click on the ‘three vertical dots‘ on the top right of the screen.
- Tap on Settings
- Go into Account
- Tap on Privacy
- Now Blocked contacts.