ColorOS 11.1 is now officially rolling out for the OPPO Reno2 F with this update bringing the June 2021 security patch and some other minor software fixes. Along with the new Virtual RAM expansion feature.
Virtual RAM is a concept like ‘Virtual Memory’ that’s used in PCs. If the smartphone demands, it can borrow additional space from storage and allot it to RAM, to ensure a seamless performance. In other words, the smartphone will borrow some storage space and use it for RAM functions.
Also Read: ColorOS 12 Device List Based on Android 12
For example, if your phone has 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM, it will use 3GB out of 128GB and increase the Ram from 8GB to 11GB.
You can choose to expand up to 3GB, 5GB, or 7GB of RAM virtually by heading to your phone’s Settings > About phone > RAM menu. The new settings will take effect after you restart your device.
According to the changelog, the update optimizes the layout of the Settings page in Simple and improves system smoothness. The new update comes on build number CPH1989_11_F14. and brings June 2021 security patch along with a virtual RAM expansion feature. The update requires a download of 738MB and is currently seeding in India.
- Adds the June 2021 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improves system smoothness.
- Optimizes the layout of the Settings page in Simple
- Fixes an issue where your Wi-Fi network would be slow mode.
- RAM expansion
- Adds a RAM expansion feature: You can now convert part of storage into RAM to improve system performance in “Settings – About phone – RAM”. (Only available on phone models with an internal storage of 128 GB or higher.)