Zoom: Remove Background Noise in Video Calls- Video conferencing has become a key part of work and If you make video calls, then you know how distracting and annoying background noises can be. While working from home, people usually face disturbances due to undesirable background noise during a video call like Keyboard typing, barking dogs, and crying kids – all these noises can affect the productivity of your call.
Fortunately, with the help of technology, you can easily get rid of all unwanted sounds and enjoy professional conference calls. Zoom provides an in-built Noise Cancellation feature.
According to Zoom, this function automatically detects and blocks background noise, such as keyboard typing. However, you can manually set its intensity based on the use case.
Steps to Enable Noise Cancellation:
- Open Zoom client on your PC.
- Click the gear icon at the top-right to open Settings.
- Now, select Audio from the sidebar at the left.
- Under Suppress Background Noise, select the level of noise cancellation you want.
Note: Zoom hasn’t added the noise suppression feature on its mobile app yet.
Additional feature– Echo Cancellation
It has automatic echo cancellation. However, if you’re in a place with too much echo, you can set it to aggressive.
- Tap the Advanced button.
- On the next screen, tap the drop-down menu next to Echo cancellation.
- Set it to Aggressive.