List of Xiaomi Dynamic RAM Expansion (Memory Extension) Feature Smartphones. DRE – Dynamic RAM Expansion aka Virtual RAM feature is most popular right now several OEMs are working to add this feature to the smartphone Xiaomi is one of them, out of which Realme and Oppo have added this RAM Expansion feature to some smartphones through an OTA update.
Xiaomi Memory Extension
This feature is officially known as ‘Memory extension’. In the following weeks, the feature made its way to multiple Mi, Redmi, and POCO-branded smartphones. A leak from a well-known twitter blogger named Kacper Skrzypek revealed Xiaomi devices that have received the Dynamic RAM Expansion feature so far.
- Realme System Applications – All Apps Download Link
- Download Realme UI 3.0 Phone Manager 12.1.0: ColorOS 12 Phone Manager [APK]
- Download PUBG Mobile Lite 0.21.2 APK Direct Link – September 2021 Update
- Download PUBG Mobile lite [APK+OBB] PUBG lite PC install Guide – Latest Update
- OnePlus 9R will get ColorOS 12 update next year! The users directly request a refund
What is Xiaomi Memory Extension Feature
The expansion can increase the RAM capacity of the phone by as much as 7GB. This means that an average 4GB smartphone can get as much as 11GB RAM capacity. Furthermore, a 12GB smartphone can get as much as 19GB RAM capacity.
In other words, Virtual RAM is a concept like ‘Virtual Memory’ that’s used in PCs. If the smartphone demands, it can borrow additional space from storage and allot it to RAM, to ensure a seamless performance. In other words, the smartphone will borrow some storage space and use it for RAM functions.
Redmi Note Pro – Memory Extension Feature
The MIUI ‘Memory extension’ feature made its debut on the Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G. It later made its way to multiple other Xiaomi group smartphones via MIUI 12.5 beta as well as builds.
For example, if your phone has 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM, it will use 3GB out of 128GB and increase the Ram from 8GB to 11GB.
Memory Extension Device List (Dynamic RAM Expansion) – Redmi, Mi, Poco
- Redmi 10
- Mi MIX 4
- Mi 10T Lite
- Mi 10 Lite Zoom
- Redmi Note 8
- Redmi Note 8T
- Redmi Note 8 2021
- Redmi 9T
- Redmi 9i
- Redmi 9C
- Redmi 9A
- Redmi Note 9 5G
- Redmi Note 9T
- POCO X3 GT
- Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G
- Mi MIX 4
- Mi 11 Lite NE
- Mi 11
- Mi 11 Pro
- Mi 11 Ultra
- Mi 11i
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Pro
- Mi 10 Ultra
- Poco F3
- Redmi Note 10
- Redmi Note 10S
- Redmi Note 10 5G
- Redmi Note 10 JE
- All Snapdragon 888, 870, & 865 Phones (except Mi MIX Fold as it is yet to get MIUI 12.5)
Important Note – Xiaomi Memory Extension
So far, Xiaomi has released these features in china’s beta version and some limited devices. However, in the upcoming months, more smartphones are updated to this list. More devices could get support for MIUI ‘Memory extension’ in the future. As per Kacper, devices with more than 128GB storage can extend RAM by 3GB. Whereas, the devices with 128GB and 64GB storage can extend RAM by 2GB and 1GB respectively.
Xiaomi Memory Extension Feature
- If I had to explain what virtual Ram is, I would simply say it’s a digitized version of Ram which uses the combination of both hardware & software of the smartphone.
- Basically what virtual Ram does is, boost up your smartphone’s Ram management performance.
- This tech is helpful for those who buy a low spec variant of a smartphone, as apps are getting heavy day by day.
- Talking About the apps, it helps in ram management significantly to keep an app in memory (so that it doesn’t boot out).