The OPPO Watch 2 has just received an important software update. The update for OPPO Watch 2 consists of the ColorOS Watch 3.0. The update introduces a good number of new features, such as new modes for sports monitoring, the new sleep monitoring mode, support for the Digital Key for some Chinese cars, and the Always-On watch faces. The complete changelog can be found at the end of this article.
OPPO Watch 2 ColorOS Watch 3.0 major update
The update is currently being rolled out via OTA for Chinese users. We still have no news on the hypothetical marketing of the device even on our part.
- UI Changes
- [New] Option to keep the Watchface Always On, like a physical watch face.
- [Updated] App icons have a newly redesigned look, similar to ColorOS 12 on phones.
- System Additions
- [New] Added support for instant applications, currently 70 apps in the list of instant apps and growing.
- [New] Added Calendar app.
- [New] Added Digital Car Keys Support for Li Auto Smart Vehicles.
- [New] Added Health Assistant called Fairy, a fairy on your wrist to remind your workouts and work on self-discipline.
- [New] Added Function to remind the user that the Oppo Watch 2 battery has been fully recharged via Battery Health App and notification.
- [Updated] Bug Fixes and Improved Stability.
- Sleep Tracking
- [New] Sync: You can now sync your sleeping schedule between your Oppo Watch and Oppo smartphone.
- [New] Sleep Mode 2.0: System will reduce brightness, provide bedtime reminders and sleeping tips for users to help them sleep healthier.
- [Updated] Sleep Tracking Report: Minor redesign to make the interface cleaner, added heart rate section to monitor your heart rate pattern during sleep.
- Fitness Tracking
- [New] Added Support and health data for Junior High School Students.
- [New] Added Tracking for Skiing in the snow
It should be noted that the update log shows that do not press the button on the side of the watch when installing the update, otherwise the interface will display abnormally. If an abnormal interface appears, please do not perform any operations, and wait patiently for 10 minutes to complete the upgrade. The watch consumes power quickly during the process of downloading and installing the update package, and the user can connect the charger before performing the update operation.