OnePlus announced the Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 skin for its smartphones, the latest skin brings a new Burdenless Design, three dark mode styles, Game toolbox 2.0, new canvas AOD style 2.0, Geometric Deconstruction, Shelf & OnePlus Scout, Improved Protection, and more.
However, the company has started testing OxygenOS 12 skin with the OnePlus 9R. Today, OnePlus releasing its OxygenOS 12 Open Beta, based on Android 12, to the OnePlus 9R. For those who want to fully understand what the new OxygenOS 12 is all about, check it out today and see for yourself.
Download OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1
Want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
How to Install
- Download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
Note: For those users who are on the Closed Beta version of OxygenOS 12, please download and apply this apk before you download Open Beta 1.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Some third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly
- The clock might be missing the dial display when the AOD feature is on