OnePlus OxygenOS 12 Features: All new Changes – Check it out – Google officially released the Android 12 OS update for Android smartphones. And Chinese tech giant OnePlus has also announced the Android 12 based OxygenOS 12 skin for its devices and also shared the list of devices that will get this update.
OxygenOS 12 Changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures.
- OnePlus 10 Ultra Expected To Launch In China With Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition Among The First Smartphones To Feature Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Smartphone List
- Realme V13 and Q3i starts receiving May 2022 security update
- Realme May 2022 Update: Security Patch and Realme UI [May 21st]
OnePlus OxygenOS 12 (Android 12) Features
The latest OxygenOS 12 comes with the recent codebase integration with ColorOS, OxygenOS 12 keeps our fast and smooth DNA while delivering a fully upgraded experience on a more stable and power-saving system with solid backend support. Together with a refreshing UI and a great set of new features, OxygenOS 12 brings a more well-rounded experience that streamlines users’ day-to-day work and enhances digital wellbeing. Get to meet them below.
New Zen Mode
Zen Mode and the newly-introduced Private Safe are perfect examples of this. We created a new design around light and shadow, providing a sense of security and mental comforts through the visual changes.
OnePlus further simplified the visuals in OxygenOS 12 based on geometric deconstruction. Through more straightforward typographies users can easily get key messages, making OxygenOS 12 more inclusive and relatable for users from different cultures and regions.
Based on simplicity, we improved details to provide a more premium feel by adding shadows, subtle gradients and customizing each visual according to user scenarios, building a high-end and beautiful interface on OxygenOS 12.
Shelf & OnePlus Scout
The Shelf you know and love is getting fully upgraded on OxygenOS 12 with a wider range of customizations for you to create the experience that best suits your needs. The brand-new Shelf can be customized with feature cards of different sizes and background images, allowing you to group features and personalize the Shelf layout just like you want it. Inside the Shelf, the step counter card is upgraded into a Health card, which can also be connected to your OnePlus Watch, giving more straightforward access to health information like Calories or Heart rate.
Three Dark Mode Style
OxygenOS 12 introduced a new three-style dark mode which is already available in Realme UI 2.0 and ColorOS 11. Now OnePlus users can change dark mode: Gentle — Medium — Enhanced.
Games – Toolbox 2.0
With OxygenOS 12, we bring these great features together with upgraded Toolbox 2.0 to all OnePlus global users, taking the OnePlus gaming experience to next level. It supports Voice Modulator in five popular games (PUBG/CODM/LOLM/FreeFire/Fortnite) enabling you to change your voice during in-game chats, protecting your privacy while adding more fun to the game.
Canvas AOD 2.0
Among features that OnePlus brought to our users, Canvas AOD is one of the most popular. The newly-introduced Canvas AOD 2.0 has already been hotly anticipated during our OEF events and we are delighted to finally show this to more users with OxygenOS 12.
We optimized the feature based on the original functionality, adding a variety of new brushed and line colors for better customization. The selection of photos and adjustments on the final effect has become more flexible, as it adapts to different sizes of images and supports image scaling. Meanwhile, users can erase lines which does not fit in properly to provide a much more realistic but personalized overall result.
Previously, OnePlus brought a set of information security features to our users. Now, we further improved the protection mechanism and streamlined data storage access, making it easier for users to sort personal files. The data stored in the Private Safe is isolated from other apps while remaining personally accessible. Users can keep personal files such as photos, videos, audios, and documents in the Private Safe securely all through one access.