Updated: Today Realme officially announced the stable version of Android 12 based on Realme UI 3.0 for Realme 8 4G smartphone users. The roll-out is released in batches and will reach you soon, kindly wait for it. Also to receive this update, please make sure your device is updated to the required version RMX3085_11_A.24 / RMX3085_11_A.26.
Original Story – March 28th
Good news for the owners of Realme 8 4G. The Chinese manufacturer – in full compliance with the roadmap communicated in the recent past – has begun to distribute the update to stable Android 12.
As is known, the new version of the Android is accompanied by a completely new customization of the system, called Realme UI 3.0. The new Realme UI 3.0 will continue to be closely linked to ColorOS 12 – in fact, it is a variation on the theme of the new and very interesting ColorOS 12 – but, at least in the name, it will now enjoy its own independence.
The Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 inspiration of seamless fun and will continue to improve on functionality, fluency, customizability, security, and privacy that young users are concerned about, the company said. Realme UI 3.0 based on Android is more fun, more fluid & more secure than ever before! It introduces a refreshing look with Fluid Space Design and Sketchpad AOD, new features to help protect your privacy, and improvements across the entire system to make your Realme smartphone experience faster, fluid, and fun!
The new firmware has a substantial changelog, which we leave you at the end of the article, and is marked with the version numbers RMX3085_11_C.06 for Realme 8 4G. To proceed with the update, your Realme 8 will currently have the version RMX3085_11_A.26. But the update is available for Open beta users and its size is 1.08GB.
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
- More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
- Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in background stream ode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.