World’s most instant messaging application WhatsApp rolled out a new Reaction feature like Instagram and Messenger. It is officially available for both platform Android and iOS. So let’s see how to put reactions on WhatsApp for Android and how they look graphically.
How to react on WhatsApp Chat
- Hold down for a long time on the message you want to react to: the entire line will be selected, and above it will appear a list of emojis, graphically larger than the message itself, or your reactions
- Choose the reaction you want, press on it, and it will be “sticked” to the selected message.
Below you can see the graphic effect as it is: big beautiful emojis when you have to choose the reaction, while the reaction itself will appear in the form of a small emoji at the bottom left of the associated message.
There are a few things you know about WhatsApp reactions, which go beyond how to insert them.
How WhatsApp reactions work on Android
- To remove a reaction already sent simply plug it on it with your finger: it will disappear for both you and the other chat participants.
- To change a reaction already sent you have to repeat exactly the same seen above to enter it.
- Each message can only have one reaction for each user.
- If you reacted to an ephemeral message, the reaction will appear with the message itself.
- Reactions cannot be hidden, meaning you cannot enable/disable them from settings.
- However, you can turn on notifications for reactions or not, both for groups and for single chats.