The focus in recent months has been on the new Realme GT Neo3, but that’s not to say the Chinese giant has forgotten about the always great Realme GT 2 Pro.
After the May update for the GT Neo and X series, Realme has now also started releasing it for the Realme GT 2 Pro as well, at least for the Indian model. The new firmware, about 900MB in size and firmware version RMX3301_11_A.16, contains May 2022 security patches and addresses a number of vulnerabilities in the system and network.
The interesting thing is also an improvement in the camera, power, and temperature and network in general.
- Integrates the May 2022 Android security patch.
- Improves network stability.
- Improves network stability for gaming scenarios when you use two SIM cards.
- Improves startup smoothness of some applications
- Fixes an issue where video freeze on Youtube
- Fixes an issue where the system launcher would repeatedly stop running.
- Fixes an issue where your phone might unexpectedly restart.
- Temperature control
- Fixes an issue where overheating in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where Candy Crush Saga drains the battery too fast.
- Fixed an issue of draining the battery too fast in some scenarios.
- Rear camera
- Fixes an issue where the preview of a photo taken in a dark environment would not load.
As anticipated, the new update is being released on the Realme GT 2 Pro, but not for the Realme GT 2 which follows its own update program and will then receive it later this month. If you do not receive the notification, you can manually check availability through:
- Software update
- Download and install