Google has announced some new Android 13 features at the Google I/O 2022. Google stated that Android 13 is mainly focused on bringing updates to privacy and security, and personalisation of the device.
The upcoming skin of Realme will be based on Android 13, so all Android 13 features will be seen in Realme UI 4.0. Currently, Realme released an Android 13 beta program for only Realme GT 2 Pro as a developer preview.
This beta program is available for all users globally. So If you are Realme GT 2 Pro user, you can download and install it on your smartphone and enjoy the latest features of Android 13.
Realme UI 4.0 Key features
- As the name indicates, Material You is all about personalization, and it was first launched in Google’s Pixel phone with Android 12. It is exciting progress, as it’s based on one thing that almost everyone changes as soon as they get a new phone – the wallpaper. With Material, You analyze every last detail of your wallpaper (on your phone). It adapts to your wallpaper and applies the theme across all elements, such as buttons, sliders, widgets, notification shades, icons, animations, etc.
In Android 13, users will get new wallpaper effects. Called Cinematic Wallpaper in developer preview, it will allow users to apply effects to their wallpaper, and you can also dim your wallpaper.
- New media control- In android 13, Google has redesigned media controls. They’re in their last place between the quick setting and notification, but their widget is larger now. The track you are listening to can be able to fit its title and description can be fit inside.
- Early Earthquake alert- The Android 13 privacy and security features use the smartphone’s accelerometer to gauge if an earthquake is happening and then share the information in nearby regions before the shaking can reach them.
- Bluetooth LE Audio- Bluetooth’ Low Energy’ Audio is the new standard for low power audio transmission over Bluetooth. It’s separate from Bluetooth 5 and 5.1. It was introduced by Bluetooth SIG at CES last year as part of the Bluetooth 5.2 specification. Before version 5.2, Bluetooth LE was strictly used for data transfer and didn’t allow audio transmission.
- MIDI 2.0- MIDI 2.0 is bi-directional and changes MIDI from a monologue to a dialogue. Connect a MIDI keyboard to Android to play a synthesizer or drive music apps. Connect alternative MIDI controllers to Android. Drive external MIDI synths from Android.
- Google Wallet- As we know, Google Wallet is a mobile payment system that acts as a virtual wallet, allowing users to make payments and transfer money straight from their phones. With Android 13, Google added some new features to the “digital wallet” with support for digital tickets. Airline passes, vaccination certificates, passports, and more.
- Photo Picker- Android 13 includes support for a new photo picker tool. This tool provides a safe, built-in way for users to select media files without being compelled to grant your app access to their entire media library.
- Private Messaging (end-to-end encrypted) RCS- With end-to-end encryption, no one, including Google and third parties, can read eligible messages as they travel between your phone and the phone you message. The unreadable text can only decode with a secret key. A secret key is a number created on your device and the device you message.
- Emergency SOS- Google introduced the Emergency SOS to help emergency workers easily locate the user after sending an SOS alert. You can choose who to call, such as an emergency service or a contact.