OnePlus is rolling out an important update for the OnePlus 8/8Pro and OnePlus 8T Chinese variants. It is available on ColorOS 12.1, which has rolled out a couple of months ago. Also Read: OnePlus May 2022 security update available to download for these smartphones
Now the company has started rolling out a new ColorOS update for OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T in China on ColorOS 12.1. The new update carries build number C.29 and fixes camera crashes, gestures, application, and system optimization. Also Read: OnePlus Games (Game Space) v3.3.7 Update [Download]
You can find the changelog below…
- [Optimization] System stability in some scenarios
- [Fix] The function does not take effect after setting the black screen gesture
- [Fix] The screen is always on after receiving a message in the off-screen state
- [Fix] Himalayan pauses after screen break
- [Fix] Camera crashes in certain scenes
Last update May 23rd
The latest OnePlus 8 and 8T update carries build number C.27 and C.28, respectively. And it optimizes the battery, which means the fast charging issue is fixed now. In some scenarios, it also optimizes system stability, making your phone run more stably. The status bar font and Signal icon has been fixed.
As mentioned earlier, OnePlus will roll out the update in a phased manner. A handful of smartphones will get the update first and the rest of the smartphones will receive the update in the next few days.
- [Optimization] System stability in some scenarios, making your phone run more stably
- [Optimization] The battery life of mobile phones in some scenarios
- [Fix] The status bar font is blurry in the app
- [Fix] There is no “Signal Display” icon in the settings in some scenarios
However, it is recommended to update your smartphones using a strong Wi-Fi connection and while the device is charging. To manually check for the update, head to Settings > System > System updates.