Google has announced some new Android 13 features at the Google I/O 2022. Google stated that Android 13 is mainly focused on bringing updates to privacy and security, and personalisation of the device.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Beta
OnePlus launched its 2022’s flagship in the global market, it is powered by Snapdragon 8th Gen 1 SoC. The phone sports three — 48MP main camera, a 50MP ultra-wide camera and an 8MP telephoto camera, On the front there is a 32-megapixel camera inside a punch hole. Read more How to Download and Install OxygenOS 12 (Android 12) on your OnePlus Smartphones
The OnePlus 10 Pro comes with Android 12.1 that is customised with OxygenOS 12.1 (Global) and ColorOS 12.1 (China). The company promises to get three major Android updates and 4 years security patches. Read more OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 Available -Download Now
This is the Android 13 beta program available only for the OnePlus 10 Pro. OnePlus will also release OxygenOS 13 beta program for all eligible devices.
OxygenOS 13 Key features
- Emergency SOS- Google introduced the Emergency SOS to help emergency workers easily locate the user after sending an SOS alert. You can choose who to call, such as an emergency service or a contact.
- MIDI 2.0- MIDI 2.0 is bi-directional and changes MIDI from a monologue to a dialogue. Connect a MIDI keyboard to Android to play a synthesizer or drive music apps. Connect alternative MIDI controllers to Android. Drive external MIDI synths from Android.
- Early Earthquake alert- The Android 13 privacy and security features use the smartphone’s accelerometer to gauge if an earthquake is happening and then share the information in nearby regions before the shaking can reach them.
- Private Messaging (end-to-end encrypted) RCS- With end-to-end encryption, no one, including Google and third parties, can read eligible messages as they travel between your phone and the phone you message. The unreadable text can only decode with a secret key. A secret key is a number created on your device and the device you message.
- Bluetooth LE Audio- Bluetooth’ Low Energy’ Audio is the new standard for low power audio transmission over Bluetooth. It’s separate from Bluetooth 5 and 5.1. It was introduced by Bluetooth SIG at CES last year as part of the Bluetooth 5.2 specification. Before version 5.2, Bluetooth LE was strictly used for data transfer and didn’t allow audio transmission.
- Photo Picker- Android 13 includes support for a new photo picker tool. This tool provides a safe, built-in way for users to select media files without being compelled to grant your app access to their entire media library.
- Google Wallet- As we know, Google Wallet is a mobile payment system that acts as a virtual wallet, allowing users to make payments and transfer money straight from their phones. With Android 13, Google added some new features to the “digital wallet” with support for digital tickets. Airline passes, vaccination certificates, passports, and more.
- New media control- In android 13, Google has redesigned media controls. They’re in their last place between the quick setting and notification, but their widget is larger now. The track you are listening to can be able to fit its title and description can be fit inside.