The Realme 9i was launched this year as the brand’s new mid-range ones, with Android 11 with matching Realme UI, although the device received the Android 12 beta a month later, that same year.
Good news is coming for Realme 9i owners. The device, in fact, has been receiving the major update to Android 12 a few hours ago. The two terminals have the update to Android 12 with Realme UI 3.0 available on build number RMX3491_11_C.03.
The update, weighing a total of 5GB, comes along with the April security patches and the novelties of realme UI 3.0, the new Android customization made by Realme precisely on the occasion of the release of Android 12. Among the novelties, several tweaks for the graphical interface, for example new animations and dynamic themes and new features for the Camera and accessibility.
The roll-out is released in batches and will reach you soon, kindly wait for it. Also to receive this update, please make sure your device is updated to the required version RMX3491_11_A.15 / RMX3491_11_A.17. In order to ensure the stability of this update, we will roll it out in a staged manner. The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in the upcoming days.
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
- Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.