Samsung is the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world with a long-lasting update policy of 4 years of major updates and 5 years of security patch updates for its Galaxy phones. Currently, its latest version of UI is One UI 5.0, which is making a buzz because the One UI 5.0 beta program has been started for Galaxy S22 Ultra users in some regions like Korea, Germany, and more.
Recently, Samsung Officially revealed the Changelog for OneUI 5.0. In which countless new features and enhancements are done to make a UI user-friendly and easy to use.
One UI 5.0 based on Android 13 Featured:
1. Customize the Home screen with all new features widgets:
Now users can merge more than one widget of the same size to make a single widget for the Home screen. This will help in saving space. To use this, the user must drag a widget onto the stack to add it. Then can swipe to switch between widgets.
2. Redesign your phone UI with new options for the Color palette:
Now OneUI has become more attractive and colourful by colour palette. Now users can set up to 16 colour themes according to their choice based on set wallpapers related colours and even preset colours which are not present in the wallpaper.
3. Find out who is calling you even in silent mode, like you set a particular ringtone for frequently used contact:
Users can set a different call background for each contact to find out who is calling with a quick glance. Like you set a ringtone for each frequently used contact.
4. Only allow the notification which you like.
Now option is added for asking permission to receive the notification of the apps. When a user uses an app for the first time, they will be asked whether they want to receive notifications from it or not.
5. Now controlling app notifications has become easier:
Now it is easier than ever to block the notifications of apps disturbing you by sending so many unwanted notifications. This new feature is placed on the notification settings in-app notification control.
6. Now no need to confuse with so many notifications:
Now users can choose which types of notifications apps can send and make the most preferred app notification for showing the pop-up notifications, app icon badges, and notifications on the Lock screen. Now totally depend on the user on what they want to allow, all types, some, or none. With the help of separate control.
7. Most justified reminder apps show Today’s reminders:
Enhanced Reminder, which shows The new Today category reminders due Today. These reminders will be at the top of the main screen in the Reminder app.
8. Added Show and hide features in Reminder:
Now added the ability to show or hide the completed reminders in any category. Show to find out what you’ve already completed, or hide to stay focused on upcoming things that users still need to finish.
9. Set appropriate view for your reminders:
In this new enhancement, users can choose the simple view to show more reminders details on the screen at once or use an expanded view that shows such as the due date and repeating conditions.
10. Added per app language feature:
Now users can set a language for each app; suppose if users want to change the language of the particular app without changing the system language, they can do it by this feature.
11. Customize the lock screen more interestingly:
Select a group of images to use for your Lock screen wallpaper; after that, easily add or remove images that you like or dislike later.
12. Added Customizable spacebar row in Samsung Keyboard:
Users can choose favourite function keys and punctuation marks in the keyboard’s bottom row next to the spacebar.
13. Revamped sound and vibration settings:
Redesigned menus to make it easier to find the sound and vibration options. All the things in one place, like Set your ringtone and change the volume and vibration intensity.
14. Extract text from any image or screen like you do in Google Lens:
Text extraction became easy using Samsung Keyboard, Internet, Gallery, or whenever you take a screenshot. Instead of typing, the user can paste the result into a message, email, or document and save time.
15. Get more suggestions based on text in images:
When text appears in an image in Gallery, Camera, or other apps, an automatic recommendation based on the text will appear. For example, if the user takes a picture of a sign with a phone number or web address, the user can even now tap to call the number or visit the site.
16. Do more with your connected devices.
To make it quicker and easier like never before, it will allow access to features that work with other devices, like Smart View, Samsung DeX, and more.
17. Now Switching the view became easier with Gestures:
Switch from full screen to split screen view by simply stretching inside with two fingers from the left side, right side, or bottom of the screen, and Switching from full screen to pop-up view by swiping inwardly with one finger from either corner at the top of the screen. Gestures can be on/off from the Settings option.
18. Opening apps on the split screen became more quickly:
For the opening, the user has to drag an app from the Recents screen to the side of the screen and place where we want to open it.
19. Use several timers at once:
The option is added in the clock app that users can now start a new timer in the Clock app even if another timer is still running.
20. Enhanced calendar event invitees
Added more control to the calendar event invitees, for example; When you add an event to your Google calendar, you can choose whether invitees are allowed to see who else is invited to the event and choose other people for the invitation or not.
21. The enhanced taskbar in Samsung DeX:
Users can now find apps more easily from the taskbar search button and right-click particular apps to quickly access tasks within the app and customize buttons and apps according to the choice you want to appear on your taskbar.
22. Added New notification indicator in DeX:
If any new notifications have been received since the last time you opened the notification panel. A red dot will appear on the notification button in your taskbar to notify you that you have a notification.
23. No need to open a full calendar; check with Mini Calendar in DeX:
Opens a Mini calendar; clicking the date in your taskbar now will allow you to quickly check upcoming events without opening the full Calendar app.
24. Better support for physical keyboards:
Samsung Keyboard allows better support for users using the emoji input, and text corrections are now available when using a physical keyboard.
25. More filtered and deep search inside My Files:
Allow users to search all files or only files in the current folder. They can also search only file names or information inside files, for example, text in documents or location information in images. When the search completes, they can sort the results by name, date, size, or file type.
26. Remodified Digital Wellbeing:
Accessibility to the features according to the user’s need, like screen time reports and app timers. Bedtime mode and Focus modes have been moved to Bixby Routines.
27. Now mode can be set according to the user’s activity:
Choosing a mode based on what you’re doing, such as exercising, studying, or working, then choosing what you want your phone to do in each situation became easier and more interesting. For example, turn on Do not disturb when studying or play music while exercising.
28. Bedtime mode moved to Bixby Routines:
Users can now manage Bedtime mode from Bixby Routines itself instead of Clock. Now, Bixby Routines lets users automate more actions when it’s time for bed, for example, turning on Do not disturb or changing other settings on your phone.
29. Preset routines in a more simplified way:
Became easier and a simplified way to find routines that are useful for you in Bixby Routines.
30. Check running routines:
Currently, running routines are shown at the top of the Bixby Routines screen. So that users can understand what’s happening and make changes if necessary.
31. Added more actions and conditions for managing your routines:
No need to do it manually; it automatically starts routines when you use Airplane mode. Routines have become more controllable and can now turn on the Assistant menu and adjust the left/right sound balance.
32. Added New emojis for emoji pairs:
Expressing your feeling became easier; with more than 80 additional emojis, users can now combine emojis based on animals, food, and other objects in addition to facial expressions available for creating an emoji pair on Samsung Keyboard.
33. New AR Emoji stickers:
Find the right sticker to express your emotions to your loved one. Available new stickers are for download.
34. AR Emoji Got More default stickers.
Now, 15 stickers are created by default for easy access when you create a new AR Emoji.
35. Added New Transparent backgrounds for AR emoji stickers
Creating stickers became easier with transparent backgrounds to fit better in your photos and social media posts.
36. Added feature to create a video with 2 emojis:
For adding more entertainment texture, users can now, Use 2 different emojis to create fun videos and share with friends, set them as a call background, or show them on your Lock screen. Various dances and poses are also available as templates.
37. Add any picture as your emoji background:
Users can choose any picture from Gallery to use as the background for their emoji. In Scene and Mask modes, bring it out more interestingly.
38. Google Calendar is now with stickers:
It is easy to recognize the events in your Google calendar. Users can now add stickers that make it easy to recognize the event. After adding a sticker to an event, the sticker will be available in both calendars and plan views.
39. Any picture can become a sticker:
Now users can create reusable stickers from any picture in your gallery. Use the lasso tool to select the content of your sticker, then add decorations or outlines.
40. Enhanced Photo Editors with New Stickers:
Pair of 60 new preloaded emoji stickers are available for decorating your pictures and increasing the excitement level.
41. Edit GIFs with new tools:
Now users can trim and transform animated GIFs to make them the right size or shape, and they have accessibility to use the same editing features that are available for still images to present GIFs in a decorated way.
42. Replace the expressions button on Samsung Keyboard:
Now users can rearrange the place of expression buttons like Touch and hold the emoji, sticker, etc.
43. Enter kaomoji directly from Samsung Keyboard:
For Spicing up chats and texts, added directly preset Japanese-style facial expressions for creating symbols using Samsung K. (*^.^*)
44. Get help with Pro mode (In the Pictures and videos section)
An icon will appear in Pro and Pro video modes for tips and guidance. To use the icon, Tap on it. And it will give various lenses, options, and controls information.
45. Pro mode is equipped with a Histogram (In the Pictures and videos section:)
For giving a perfect exposure, users can use the histogram to check the brightness of each tone.
46. One hand Zoom (In the Pictures and videos section)
Now zooming has become easier because the zoom bar has been compact so that users can Zoom in or out with a single swipe.
47. Easily go backwards in Photo mode:
A Back button is added to take you back to Photo mode at any time while using camera modes, which are located in the More menu.
48. Add watermarks to your pictures:
Now no need to edit to add the watermark the date and time a picture was taken, your phone’s model name, or other custom information. The new feature will Automatically add a watermark in the corner of each picture.
49. A telephoto lens is now in Food mode:
To Take the best close-up shots of food, use the telephoto lens features.
50. All-new look for Stories:
The gallery has been fully revamped with an immersive slideshow view. To use, Just tap or swipe to move between pictures and videos in the story section.
51. All the filters are in one place:
The filter selection menu has been smoothly in a single-line Camera, Photo Editor, and Video Editor. Finding the best filter for your picture or video became easier.
52. Faster than ever (Quicker Bixby like never before)
When the user is on device mode, it saves Bixby commands on the phone. For working faster and doesn’t require a data connection.
53. More enhanced Bixby:
For incoming calls or an alarm or timer rings, simply command ‘Answer the phone” or ‘Turn off the alarm; no need to say “Hi! Bixby”.
54. Security status Dashboard:
Easier to find out the security issues with the new Security dashboard in Settings which shows issues and help them to fix them.
55. Emergency Became More Alert:
By Quickly pressing the Side key 5 times, an emergency service call will be placed, even if your phone’s in your pocket or you aren’t able to talk.
56. Joined emergency contact list:
An emergency contact list can be created for any trouble conditions. This emergency contact list will be used on the users’ devices and watched.
57. Get a warns before sharing information:
Share panel will re-confirm before sharing photos that contain sensitive information, like credit cards, ID cards, or passports, so you can re-think before sharing them.
58. Websites for Security and privacy
To Notify a site’s security status. Users must tap the icon to learn which information the website collects and tracks.
Note: The icon will appear in the address bar on Samsung Internet.
59. More accessibility options in the quick panel
Now options like High contrast font, Color inversion, Color adjustment, and Color filters will be available in the quick panel.
For quick access, the Magnifier feature. Turn on the Magnifier shortcut present in Accessibility settings. For information, Magnifier uses your phone’s camera to enlarge items in the real world so you can take a closer look or make them easier to read.
61. More access to Bixby; spoken assistance:
You can’t see the screen clearly. Don’t worry! Now you have various types of voice feedback, and users can make their phone read out keyboard input so they can be sure they typed the correct letter and easy to recognize nearby objects, turn on descriptions mode that explain what’s happening in a video (only for supported videos).
62. Braille displays are Fully enhanced for the disabled:
- No need to install any other third-party apps; TalkBack now provides native support for braille displays
- Now braille display supports the initial setup process of the phone.
- Languages like English, Spanish, Arabic, and Polish are supported.
63. Easily edit your Accessibility button:
The accessibility button has more features that will help quickly change into features by simply tapping and holding.
64. New actions for Corner actions:
Users can now click and hold, drag, drag and drop, go to the top of the screen, or go to the bottom. By Moving your mouse to one of the corners of the screen
65. New layout for notifications:
This time App icons are larger and easily readable for reading the notifications. Text alignment got enhanced for reading notifications easily.
66. Screen calls before you answer:
Responding to the call becomes easier; calls can be answered automatically. If the user can’t or doesn’t want to talk, they can tap or type a response that will be read aloud to the caller.
67. Drag and drop bookmarks between folders:
Added a dragging and dropping feature between folders for keeping Samsung Internet bookmarks organized.
Now become easier to choose whether to play sound from the app on your phone or on your PC using a button in the app title bar by Linking to Windows, When a user is using phone apps on their PC.
68. Battery’s Health Checkup:
To help users in checking the status of the battery of their smartphone. Battery health information has been added to the Device care option.
69. Additional options for RAM Plus users:
Save the storage space by this new option of turning off the RAM plus option completely, if not required.
70. The Edge panel now shows the app names:
Now Names appear below the app icons in the edge panel
71. Compatibility of Galaxy Themes changes:
Some downloaded themes may not work with Android 13. So users are advised to wait till the stable upgrade and then use it.