Beginning of the month, OnePlus released the open beta of Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 for OnePlus 10R users. Plus, the OnePlus 10 Pro and OnePlus 9/9Pro are also running on the OxygenOS 13 open beta update. Now, the Chinese tech giant has started expanding the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for OnePlus 9RT smartphone users in India.
According to the OnePlus Community, the OnePlus 9RT is getting an Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta update in India. Now, you can download this update on your OnePlus 9RT smartphone and experience it. However, this update is not as stable as our official OTA update. Therefore it may come with some critical bugs. Read more OnePlus 10T Bags OxygenOS A.08 Update With System Optimizations
According to the changelog, This OxygenOS 13 update introduced several new features, including Aquamorphic Design theme colours, Meeting Assistant, Large folders, a New Always-On Display, Media playback, Markup tools for the screenshot, Automatic pixelation, Kid Space, and more interesting features.
Moreover, this update comes with a bunch of optimizations such as Shelf, Fonts, Private Safe, Bitmoji, Insight & Canvas Always-On Display, Screencast, earphone connectivity, and more. It also upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 and applies real-world physical motions and more features. For more information, do check the complete changelog below. OnePlus 8 Series and 9R Series Get ColorOS 13/Android 13 Public Beta Update
Android 13-Based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Changelog:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps).
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & Privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital Wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
Minimum Requirement For Downloading The OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update:
- Please be sure that your device is in the latest OxygenOS 12 version C.07 before you can upgrade to the open beta version.
- Make sure your device has a 30%+ Battery.
- Please be sure that the phone has a minimum of 5.5GB of storage.
- Please back up your personal data before the software update to prevent data loss.
Download OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 13 Open Beta:
- Firstly, download the latest ROM upgrades zip file from the specified server. Download link; OnePlus 9RT (IN)
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password; now you are in developer mode.
- Go back to Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Rollback successful.
How To Rollback To Android 12:
- Download the Rollback package; OnePlus 9RT (IN)
- Copy the rollback package to the phone storage.
- Go back to Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the corresponding rollback package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- Finally, Restart your device.