In May 2022, iQOO launched its mid-range smartphone Z6 series, the iQOO Z6 44W features a Snapdragon 680 processor, FHD+ AMOLED display, a 5000mAh large battery with 44W flash charge, 50MP AI camera as well as Android 12-based FuntouchOS 12 OS out of the box. After the flagship smartphone, VIVO-sub brand iQOO has started rolling out the Initial FuntouchOS 13-Based On Android 13 for iQOO Z6 44W smartphone in India.
iQOO has introduced several new features and improvements as well as improved system security and performance to deliver a whole new experience by implementing FuntouchOS 13 major update.
According to the information, the Android 13-based FuntouchOS 13 for iQOO Z6 44W comes with the firmware version number PD2201IF_EX_A_126.96.36.199.W30.V000L1. If you want to experience this latest update on your device, you will have to download this latest update with around 4.74 GB of package size.
Going by the changelog, the FuntouchOS 13 update adds numerous new features and improvements to enhance the phone’s performance and reliability. It brings a bunch of new highlights, such as new UI color & Monochrome icon, Android 13’s Color Palette, a Phone cooling feature to iManager, App pinning, Screen pinning, a Taskbar in the Notification center, and much more.
In addition, this update comes with a new photo picker feature, which provides a more secure way of sharing media. Plus, it adds the Hidden Photos and Videos feature that lets you hide photos and videos in albums. For more info, do check the complete changelog below.
Android 13-Based FuntouchOS 13 Changelog:
- UI color & Monochrome icon
- Added more color types to the color palette in Colour adaptation and allowed colors to be applied to home screen icons.
- Task manager
- Provided a Task manager in the Notification center, showing running tasks and the duration for which each app has run, allowing the user to view details and stop apps at any time.
- Notify when run
- Added the Notify when running permission and subdivided the Media data permission.
- Quick Settings tile
- Allowed apps to actively add switches to the Control center so that users can easily add Control center switches for the apps.
- Photo picker
- Provided a more secure way to share media without granting apps access to the entire media library.
- Hidden photos & videos
- Provided users with the feature of hiding photos and videos in Albums, which improves the security of Albums and protects user privacy
- Phone cooling
- Added the Phone cooling feature to iManager. By reducing the running of apps, the CPU frequency will be intelligently towered to reduce overheating.
- App pinning & Screen pinning
- Added two fixation modes to enhance privacy protection when phones are temporarily refined or shared. App pinning allows the other party to only access a certain set of the app. Screen pinning allows the other party to only access apps on a certain set screen.
- Accessibility for Setup Wizard
- Upgraded Accessibility features in Setup Wizard to support more Accessibility features, such as Colour correction, Colour inversion, and Remove animations.
How To Update:
If you want to experience the FuntouchOS 13 software update on your iQOO Z6 44W, firstly, go to Settings of the device. Here, scroll down and tap on the System update, then wait for a while for the latest update and tap on the Download and Install tab, and it’s done.