OnePlus 9R Now Receives Android 13-Based OxygenOS 13 Stable Update
A couple of months back OnePlus started testing the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 closed beta program for the OnePlus 9R smartphone. Beginning of the month, the device owners also received the Open beta of the OxygenOS 13 update. Now, after a short period of time, the Chinese firm is seeding the stable Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 9R smartphone users.
In terms of software, the OnePlus 9R came with OxygenOS-based Android 11, which was then upgraded to Android 12-based OxygenOS 12. On the other hand, the company has rolled out the OxygenOS 13 update for the 9R smartphone in India and is expected to roll it out in the coming days to more regions. According to the information, the company has almost rolled out the software for the OnePlus 9 series respective model.
OnePlus fans can recognize the new Android 13 update for their OnePlus 9R smartphone via OxygenOS build version LE2101_11_F.16. The over-the-air update brings the October 2022 Android security patch for better system protection.
The Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 is the 2nd major update for the OnePlus 9R and will receive the last major Android 14 update next year. The latest update comes with lots of new features and powerful customization functions, so we need more data for downloading. The update package size of the latest update is approx 4.65GB.
To manually check for the latest software update on your OnePlus 9R, head over to System Settings and enter the Software & Updates menu. Once you tap on the System Update option, the latest update for your device will appear on the screen. Finally, hit the Download button and complete the installation process.
OxygenOS 13 Update What’s New:
OxygenOS 13 brings a lot of new features as compared to OxygenOS 12, such as new design philosophy and Aquamorphic design, which provides an easier and faster way to manage your device. Moreover, it comes with all the sweetness of the Android 13 operating system.
With this OxygenOS 13 update, OnePlus 9R users bring some amazing features and improvements, such as a new system icon, Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, Bitmoji integration on the lock screen, vibrant theme colors, optimized task management tools, enhanced security and privacy, new always-on display style, refined visual effects, Spotify, improved home screen folders, Private Safe 2.0 and more.
OxygenOS 13 Changelog:
- [Aquamorphic Design]
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- [Seamless interconnection]
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- [Security & privacy]
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- [Health & Digital wellbeing]
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- [Performance optimization]
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- [Gaming experience]
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
“If you like this article follow us on Google News, Facebook, Telegram, and Twitter. We will keep bringing you such articles.”