In September 2022, OnePlus began rolling out the stable Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update with the OnePlus 10 Pro. Later, the company expanded this latest update to the OnePlus 9 series smartphone users in India as well as the Global market. Recently, the Chinese tech giant has started sending the OxygenOS 13 update for its 2020 flagship series, the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro, and 8T.
In addition to the OnePlus 8 series, the OnePlus 10R smartphone users also picked up the Stable Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update. More regions are expected to roll out soon in the coming days or weeks.
Now, the company has not confirmed the release of the stable update. Meanwhile, many users have reported on the OnePlus community that the OxygenOS 13 update is available on their devices. The OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 8 series comes with a firmware version number ending F.13, while OnePlus 10R users can identify this latest update via the OxygenOS build number ending C.14.
Based on Android 13, the OxygenOS 13 update brings a bunch of new features and enhancements along with the October 2022 Android security patch that improves the security and stability of the device to deliver a seamless performance. Now, you can install this latest update on your device approx 335.63 MB.
To manually check for the latest software update on your OnePlus 10R and OnePlus 8 series, go to System Settings and enter the Software & Updates menu. Once you tap on the System Update option, the latest update for your device will be displayed on the screen. At last, hit the download button and complete the installation process.
Software Information & Download Links
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 10R 80W
- India (CPH2423_11_C.14)
- OnePlus 10R 150W
- India (CPH2411_11_C.14)
OxygenOS 13 Features:
With the Android 13 OS, OxygenOS 13 brings a few additions to OnePlus devices, such as a new system icon, Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, optimized task management tools, enhanced security and privacy, new Always-on display style, vibrant theme colors, refined visual effects, Spotify and Bitmoji Integration on the lock screen, improved home screen folders, Private Safe 2.0 and more.
Along with these new features, the latest update also brings a new design philosophy and Aquamorphic design, which provides a smoother and faster way to operate your device. For more info, check the full changelog below.
OxygenOS 13 Changelog:
- [Aquamorphic Design]
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- [Seamless interconnection]
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- [Security & privacy]
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- [Health & Digital wellbeing]
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- [Performance optimization]
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- [Gaming experience]
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios