After the OnePlus 10T launch event, OnePlus started the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 open beta program with the OnePlus 10 Pro smartphone in various regions. Later, the Chinese tech manufacturer extended the beta program to some eligible smartphone users.
On September 20, OnePlus officially initiated the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 update for OnePlus devices, starting with OnePlus 10 Pro smartphones. The latest custom layer has been inspired by nature, and the company welcomes OxygenOS 13 with a fresh and bold design.
As of now, OnePlus 10 Pro, 10R, OnePlus 9 series, and OnePlus 8 series smartphone users have received the stable OxygenOS 13 update in eligible countries. On the other hand, the OnePlus 10T will receive Android 13-Based OxygenOS 13 stable soon. Read more
Based on Android 13, OxygenOS 13 brings a host of new features and major improvements and provides OnePlus device users with more powerful Personalization, which provides an easier and faster way to manage your device.
You can check the changes and new features through the official changelog mentioned below.
OxygenOS 13 Changelog:
- [Aquamorphic Design]
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- [Seamless interconnection]
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- [Security & privacy]
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- [Health & Digital wellbeing]
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- [Performance optimization]
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- [Gaming experience]
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.