It’s finally happening! iQOO Z5 and iQOO 7 Legend smartphone users have started receiving the last major Android 13-based Funtouch OS 13 update. The update is rolling out with dozens of new features and functions, along with countless improvements.
As of now, all the hot models have already received the initial Android 13-based Funtouch OS 13 update so far. Vivo sub-brand iQOO is rolling out the iQOO Z5 and iQOO 7 Legend Funtouch OS 13 update with firmware version PD2049F_EX_A_8.70.22 and PD2199F_EX_A_126.96.36.199.W30.V000L1, respectively.
According to the information, the Funtouch OS 13 update is currently live for a limited number of Indian customers. However, the company will not take much time to spread it to more users all over the world.
As per the changelog, the FuntouchOS 13 update not only brings you a fresh new experience with various new features and improvements but also brings system security and performance improvements. Consequently, it is a major Android update and brings beneficial changes. So if you have an iQOO Z5 and 7 Legend smartphone, then we suggest that you try the latest firmware. But make sure to create 404 MB of storage space beforehand.
If you want to experience the FuntouchOS 13 software update on your iQOO smartphones, firstly, go to Settings of the device. Here, scroll down and tap on the System update, then wait for a while for the latest update and tap on the Download and Install tab, and it’s done.
Funtouch OS 13 What’s new:
As compared with Funtouch OS 12, the latest update comes with several new features, including monochrome icons, a taskbar in the notification center, a phone cooling feature for iManager, app pinning, screen pinning, and more.
Furthermore, the update introduces the Hidden photo and video feature that lets you hide photos and videos in albums. Plus, it adds a photo picker feature, providing a more secure way to share media. For more details, you can check the complete changelog of this latest update below.
Android 13-Based FuntouchOS 13 Changelog:
- UI color & Monochrome icon
- Added more color types to the color palette in Colour adaptation and allowed colors to be applied to home screen icons.
- Task manager
- Provided a Task manager in the Notification center, showing running tasks and the duration for which each app has run, allowing the user to view details and stop apps at any time.
- Notify when run
- Added the Notify when running permission and subdivided the Media data permission.
- Quick Settings tile
- Allowed apps to actively add switches to the Control center so that users can easily add Control center switches for the apps.
- Photo picker
- Provided a more secure way to share media without granting apps access to the entire media library.
- Hidden photos & videos
- Provided users with the feature of hiding photos and videos in Albums, which improves the security of Albums and protects user privacy
- Phone cooling
- Added the Phone cooling feature to iManager. By reducing the running of apps, the CPU frequency will be intelligently towered to reduce overheating.
- App pinning & Screen pinning
- Added two fixation modes to enhance privacy protection when phones are temporarily refined or shared. App pinning allows the other party to only access a certain set of the app. Screen pinning allows the other party to only access apps on a certain set screen.
- Accessibility for Setup Wizard
- Upgraded Accessibility features in Setup Wizard to support more Accessibility features, such as Colour correction, Colour inversion, and Remove animations.