Nothing OS 1.5 Beta-Based On Android 13 Update Released For Phone (1) [What’s New]
Beginning of the month, Nothing announced the Nothing OS 1.5 beta update for Phone (1) and also confirmed that they would start rolling it out in two weeks. Recently, the company has started sending the Nothing OS 1.5 Beta for Phone (1) users in India.
The major Nothing OS 1.5 rolling out for Phone (1) brings a slew of new features along with multiple improvements over the previous OS. At the same time, the company also confirmed that Nothing OS 1.5 will officially launch in early 2023. Until then, the company seeks feedback and suggestions to improve the OS.
As per the information, the latest update promises a smoother and more secure user experience. This update offers lots of new features and improvements. Let’s talk about the Android 13-based Nothing OS 1.5.
The Nothing OS 1.5 update introduced the new Weather app and increased the app loading speed up to 50%. Plus, this update adds more Material You colour schemes that are available for matching third-party apps to wallpaper. It supports Multi-languages that allow different languages for different apps and adds a QR code scanner on Quick settings.
This update brings lots of highlights, including a New UI of volume control, improved Quick settings, New self-repair, a new look for Media control, foreground services, increased background memory, and much more.
Moreover, this update brings new privacy upgrades, including a Photo picker, Notification permission, Media Permissions, and more. On the other hand, the new foreground services closed the active background app directly from the notification to save the battery.
In addition to these, the Nothing OS 1.5 update improved the Game mode; the new UI dashboard supports screenshots, screen recording, FPS display, DO Not Disturb, and more. Plus, the new UI adds Google Game Dashboard. For more information, check the full changelog below.
Nothing OS 1.5 Changelog:
- New weather app with custom Nothing UI.
- Up to 50% increase in app loading speed.
- More Material You. More colour schemes are available for matching third party apps to wallpaper.
- Multi-language support that allows different languages for different apps.
- Privacy upgrades. Including:
- Photo picker. Choose which images you want to share with each app.
- Notification permissions. Control which apps can send you notifications.
- Media permissions. Group the types of media you want to share e.g., photos and videos, music and audio, files.
- New QR code scanner in Quick Settings.
- Clipboard preview: copied text appears on clipboard in the bottom corner of the screen. So you can directly edit the text before pasting.
- New look for Media Control.
- Foreground services. Close active background apps directly from the notification centre to save battery.
- Live caption: detects speech on your device and automatically generates captions.
- Increased background memory. Reducing the wait for frequently used apps to load.
- New self-repair feature that keeps Phone (1) running like it’s new. By clearing unused cache and expired system dumps.
- Improved Quick Settings. Featuring new network and Bluetooth device pop-ups.
- New UI for volume control. Easily adjust individual volume sliders without unlocking the screen (e.g. music vs alarm).
- Improved Game Mode. New UI for light notifications and added Google Game Dashboard. Dashboard supports screenshots, screen recording, FPS display, and Do Not Disturb.
Download Nothing OS 1.5 Beta Here
“If you like this article follow us on Google News, Facebook, Telegram, and Twitter. We will keep bringing you such articles.”