Realme 10 Pro 5G and two more smartphones, including Realme C33 and Narzo 30 5G, are grabbing a new update with a January 2023 update. The update is currently rolling out for a limited number of corresponding device users in India and will expand to more users and regions soon after ensuring the stability of this update.
The latest update installs Android security patches to enhance system security, stability, and performance. Furthermore, it protects your device from unwanted and annoying bugs and viruses. With the new January 2023 security patch, Realme has fixed several issues and vulnerabilities that were affecting the security of Realme phones and the privacy of its users.
Apart from general improvements, the latest update for Realme C33 fixes the issue of the inability to use the camera in third-party apps. On the other hand, the firmware for the Narzo 30 5G enhances the stability of network connections. So, you should install the update as soon as you see a notification on your screen.
Realme 10 Pro 5G:
● Updates Android security patch:
● Improves system performance.
● Fixes some known issues to improve system stability.
● Integrates the January 2023 Android security patch.
● Fixes an issue where third-party apps might be unable to use the camera.
● Improves system performance and stability.
Realme Narzo 30 5G:
● Integrates the January 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
● Optimized network performance to improve stability
● Improves system performance and stability
Users of the Realme 10 Pro 5G, Realme C33, and Narzo 30 5G smartphones can identify the January 2023 update through build versions RMX3660_11_A.34, RMX3624_12.A.71, and RMX3242_11_C.08. This is an initial rollout so it may take several days/weeks to reach all eligible realme devices.
Users can manually check for and install the latest update from their device Settings >> About device >> Realme UI >> Wait for the latest update >> Download and Install. Follow the on-screen instruction, restart your device and that’s it.
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network or has a strong wireless network connection.
- Before starting the software update, your device’s battery must be fully charged.