Google Pixel Watch Gets Loads Of Features With March 2023 Update
Google has already started sending the March 2023 update for Pixel devices. The US tech giant is releasing the March 2023 update for the Google Pixel Watch with many features and improvements.
Based on Wear OS 3.5, the March 2023 update enhances Watch Faces, Display, Touch, Alarms, Fall Detection, and more Settings-related features to provide a smoother and more amazing Pixel Watch experience.
Moving forward, the March 2023 patch will be a very impressive update for the Google Pixel Watch as it brings a lot of improvements, so get ready to install the upcoming firmware with optimized performance and improved stability.
The March 2023 monthly software update is available for all eligible Pixel Watch running the Wear OS 3.5. Some users have already received the latest patch, and the rollout will roll out in phases over the next few weeks, depending on the carrier and device.
March 2023 Google Pixel Watch Update: What’s New
With this update, your Pixel watch now has fall detection, which can detect if you’ve taken a hard fall and connect you to emergency services. Once connected to emergency services, your Pixel Watch will play an automated message requesting assistance, wherever you are.
In addition, the digital clock is now available with a single button press when the device is turned off. When the crown is pushed in, the time will now appear with a red low battery indicator. Lastly, it comes with some other improvements regarding the system, including a watch face, display, touch, alarm and more. For more details, see the full changelog below.
- Google Pixel Watch: <RWDA.230114.008.R1>
- Google Pixel Watch (JP/TW): <RWDA.230114.008.J2>
While the March 2023 software update includes numerous bug fixes and improvements for Pixel Watch users, the items mentioned below are intended to be user facing changes of note in this release.
- Digital Clock is now available with button press when the device is powered down. The time will now appear upon crown push, alongside the red low battery indicator.
- In addition to tap, tilt, button press to wake the watch, you can now rotate the Crown to wake.
- Optimizations have been added to improve sensitivity of touch screen behavior.
- Battery saver enable/disable single tap support in QSS has been fully enabled in this release.
- In the coming weeks, a fix will be rolled out via PlayStore to update the Clock app that addresses some alarms which have been having a delayed or false start.
- Ensure Auto-update apps is selected in Play Store > Settings on your watch and you will get this update once it’s available when your watch is on charger and connected to Wi-Fi.
As highlighted in our March Feature Drop post, these features are now also available with this software update:
- Mono-audio which limits the disorientation of split-audio
- New color-correction and greyscale modes that better optimize the display for a wider range of vision preferences.
- Your Pixel Watch now has fall detection which can detect if you’ve taken a hard fall and connect you to emergency services. Once connected to emergency services, your Pixel Watch will play an automated message to request help
“If you like this article follow us on Google News, Facebook, Telegram, and Twitter. We will keep bringing you such articles.”