Nothing was launched to push the update to April 2023 for Ear (2) in various markets—new update. The update brings performance boost and security enhancements to the wearable device to provide users with a seamless experience.
As per the changelog, the update does not bring any new features, but it fixes many things to improve the reliability and stability of the system. This improvement ensures that you get a flawless performance on your wearable without any lags.
In addition, this update fixed the sound distortion bug when using the LHDC codec and improved general sound latency. In addition, this update makes Adaptive ANC even easier when adjusting noise cancellation levels for different sound environments.
In addition, it increases the accuracy of the connection position when you are connecting and disconnecting the Ear(2) from power. For more information, check the full changelog below.
- We’ve resolved sound distortion bugs when using LHDC codec.
- Improved general sound latency.
- Optimised Adaptive ANC to be even more effortless when adjusting noise cancellation levels for different sound environments.
- Improved the accuracy of the connection status for when you’re connecting and disconnecting Ear (2) to power.
- Optimised call quality so that voice clarity is improved for the other party.
- Improved the in-ear detection feature to better recognise when you’re playing and pausing audio.
The April 2023 update for the Nothing Ear (2) in India comes with firmware version 18.104.22.168. Since this is a generic patch, you can use a regular mobile data pack to download the new firmware. We recommend that users install this update to get the best experience from the previous one with the Nothing X App.
Furthermore, you can check the Nothing Ear (2) update status by opening the Nothing X app on your connected smartphone, searching for the Firmware update, and clicking Download and Install.