Nothing is constantly working to keep the Phone (2) on top of its features and functionality. That’s why the consumer tech giant listens to the latest feedback from users on the software experience and releases new software updates. Recently, the company has been sending a new update for the Nothing Phone (2) smartphone, which still installs an Android security patch released in August 2023 and brings new features and improvements.
A new update released in September 2023 for the Nothing Phone (2) smartphone can be identified through build version Nothing OS 2.0.3 and a regular installation package size of 99.39 MB.
Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.0.3 New Features:
Nothing OS 2.0.3 software update brings a new Compass widget. After adding on the Home screen, you can see the more detailed information for navigation. It further adds a new UI to show when the device is in pocket mode. Plus, this update also brings support for Zamoto in the Glyph Program and improves the OTG capabilities.
Moving on, the latest firmware improves screen recorder capture resolution, haptic feedback, NFC stability, Bluetooth connection stability in different scenarios, and minor UI adjustments. Besides these significant changes, the update installs the latest August 2023 Android security patch for privacy enhancements.
Phone (2) Nothing OS 2.0.3
- Added the Compass widget. After placing it, swipe down to see more detailed information.
- Added new UI to show when the device is pocket mode.
- Added support for Zomato in Glyph Progress. Navigate to Settings > Glyph Interface> Glyph Progress to enable this integration.
- Added an Improve ‘OTG Compatibility” toggle in Settings > Connected devices > Connection preferences.
Improvements & Bug fixes
- Increased the Screen Recorder capture resolution.
- Adjusted the animation speed of the keyboard popping up after opening the app drawer.
- Improved haptic feedback.
- Improved NFC stability.
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability in various scenarios.
- Minor Ul adjustments.
- Minor bug fixes.
How To Update:
Nothing Phone 2 owners should automatically see the latest update show up in their notification panel, but users can also manually check whether the update is available by visiting Settings > System > System update > Download and Install.