Android 14, the next significant launch of the most popular OS, and its first batch is currently being tested by Google through the new Android 14 beta program. Although now the mid-cycle of this beta update is available for certain Pixel smartphones. Here’s how you can install the Android 14 beta on your Pixel device.
Indeed Google is testing the Android 14 beta build ahead of its stable release. As per the information, Google has recently rolled out the first batch of Android 14 beta for the upcoming QPR1 release, which is a mid-cycle rollout and might be arriving for certain Pixel devices in the queue further with “Feature Drop”.
Although Google could have rolled out the Stable version of the Android 14 this month. The company has already rolled out its final major release, the Android 14 beta 5, in August. Nevertheless, has not yet been confirmed by Google about the stable release of the Android 14 build, It is expected that users will be able to experience the stable version of the Android 14 build probably in the next month on October 4, the first within the Google Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. Interestingly, it would be the first time Google is going to release a new Android version along with the launch of its latest Pixel smartphones.
Android 14 beta program eligible Pixel devices:
In case you own a Pixel device, which is shown below in the list, then you are lucky to participate and experience the latest upcoming features of the Android 14 beta build and receive its early access.
- Pixel 4a 5G
- Pixel 5
- Pixel 5a
- Pixel 6
- Pixel 6 Pro
- Pixel 6a
- Pixel 7
- Pixel 7 Pro
- Pixel 7a
- Pixel Fold
- Pixel Tablet
How to download & install the Android 14 beta on Pixel devices?
Before installing the latest Android 14 beta update on your smartphone, do note that the beta builds are made to test the new and upcoming features and enhancements within the update. It contains several bugs and unexpected behavior can result in data loss. So it is highly recommended to back up your data safely to other devices. Now head towards the steps in order to install the latest Android 14 beta program:
- First, you need to download the Android 14 QPR1 Beta files. You can download the files using two ways, either by installing the Factory image, as this will remove all the data and you need to start everything fresh, or by downloading the OTA files.
- To download the Android 14 QPR1 beta files, just tap on either of the links provided here:
- Now boot your Pixel device into the Recovery mode. To do so, switch off your device entirely. Then press and hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously. Now using your volume buttons, scroll down to select the Recovery mode. After that press the power and volume up button simultaneously for a while in order to enter into the recovery mode. And now if you release the volume up button your smartphone will begin its Recovery mode.
- Now scroll down to Apply update from the ADB by using the volume buttons and press the power button in order to select it.
- Once you have downloaded the ADB tools, it’s important to connect your smartphone to a computer in order to transfer the OTA files, which you have downloaded via the link.
- Now you have to enter the sideload command on your computer. Make sure that the Command Prompt is directed to the ADB tools and now type adb sideload on your Windows.
- You will see a pop-up on your computer as well as your smartphone, saying that the sideload and installation process has been started.
- Once the installation process is fully completed, the last and final step is to Reboot your smartphone.
- And finally, you are done.