Smartphones have become an integral part of our life. From finding directions, playing games, capturing selfies, and scrolling social media, we use smartphones for almost every purpose. Meanwhile, even after having the best storage smartphones, the phone’s storage can fill up very quickly, and this is due to the stored information that is created by the applications daily so that they can function at their full potential.
These are the temporary bit-sized data files, which are known as Cache files, and interestingly, half of your Android’s storage can be filled up with these temporary files as they are too small in size. Here, you will learn how you can clear Cache data on Android devices.
What is Cached data?
To those unaware, your smartphone uses temporary data, which is stored in the form of a Cache file so that it can quickly revise the associated information when you open an application. In other words, a cache file is only essential to the related program. That is, Spotify will not use Instagram’s Cache. Websites, applications, and even games use cache files to provide you with a better and smoother user experience.
How to clear cache files on Android devices?
Here, we have provided the procedure for clearing cache files in different Android devices, including Samsung, Oneplus, Realme, Xiaomi, Nokia, Oppo, Vivo, Nothing Phone, Motorola, and Huawei. Just have a look at each smartphone’s clearing cache data steps in detail:
How to clear Cache on Oneplus smartphones?
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap the About device option.
- Hit the Storage option.
- Then tap on the Apps option.
- Here, you will get the list of apps along with their cache data information. You can tap the apps individually and clear the cache data.
How to clear Cache on Realme smartphones?
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on the Apps option.
- Then, select the App management option.
- Now, you must choose the app whose cache data you want to clear.
- Finally, tap Clear Storage Data or Cache.
How to clear Cache on Xiaomi smartphones?
- Enter the Settings app.
- Next, you need to tap on the Apps tab.
- Hit the Manage Apps option.
- The list of your installed apps will be displayed here.
- Choose the app whose cache data you want to clear. Tap on it.
- Click on the Clear cache option.
- Finally, to confirm, tap OK.
How to clear the Cache on OPPO smartphones?
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Then, head towards the App management page.
- Now, look for the app you want to remove or erase the cache data.
- Tap the Storage usage option of the selected apps.
- Finally, tap on Clear cache.
How to clear Cache on Vivo smartphones?
For Funtouch OS 4.5 or later:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on More Settings.
- Select App Manager.
- Click on the three dots(more) at the top right corner.
- Then select System Processes.
- Now, choose the application whose data you want to clear.
- Tap the Storage option.
- Finally, select Clear data.
For Funtouch OS 4.0 or earlier:
- Access Settings.
- Then tap on More Settings.
- Select the Applications option and tap on All.
- Choose the application whose data you want to clear.
- Tap on the Storage option.
- And at last, click on Clear data.
How to clear Cache on Nothing Phone smartphones?
- Go to the Settings app.
- Now look for the Apps or Application option.
- Then tap on the App Manager option.
- Now, choose the app for which you want to clear Cache and data.
- Scroll to the list of apps and tap on your desired app.
- Next, tap on the Storage option and then select Clear Cache.
How to clear Cache on Motorola smartphones?
- Tap on the Settings app.
- Then tap on the Apps and notifications option.
- Now tap on the See all apps option.
- You can search for the apps you want to clear the Cache here.
- Tap on the app.
- Then tap on the Storage and Cache option.
- Now click on the Clear cache option.
How do you clear the Cache on Huawei smartphones?
- Launch the Settings app.
- Then click on the Device menu.
- Now tap on the Storage option.
- And then, hit the Cached data option.
FAQs: Clear Cache On Android Smartphones
There are a few reasons why you might want to clear the cache on your Android smartphone:
– To free up storage space: Cached data can take up a lot of storage space, especially over time. Clearing the cache can free up some space on your device, which can be helpful if you’re running low on storage.
– To improve performance: Clearing the cache can sometimes improve the performance of apps, especially if they’re running slowly or crashing.
– To fix problems with apps: If you’re having problems with an app, such as if it’s not working properly, clearing the cache can sometimes fix the problem.
To clear the cache on your Android smartphone, follow these steps:
– Open the Settings app.
– Tap on Apps.
– Find the app whose cache you want to clear and tap on it.
– Tap on Storage.
– Tap on Clear cache.
Yes, you can clear the cache for all apps at once. To do this, follow these steps:
Open the Settings app.
Tap on Storage.
Tap on Cached data.
Tap on OK to clear the cache for all apps.