Google Camera (Gcam), also called Pixel Camera, is a camera phone application developed by Google for Android.
In comparison with the normal camera, it becomes clear that GCAM produces pictures that are true to the source and has a better dynamic range. It is chiefly known for its awesome features that allow the user to create a ‘Photo Sphere’, a 360-degree panorama photo, etc.
Its version 8.0 is fantastic, but everything needs renovations for better performance. For this Google innovates its new version, Version 8.1.
GCam 8.1 is available for almost all Android smartphones. PX Mod v8.1 comes from developer Urnyx05, who has based it on Google Camera 8.1.008.
Here are some features that you should be able to try out on your non-Pixel device:
- Added all the fixes necessary for the first start
- Added Color Transform to fix saturation on devices with dull colors
- Added an option to disable tracking focus
- Added an option to disable motion photos
- Added OPModes to fix EIS
- Added buttons in the drop-down menu to enable/disable AWB
- Disabled Sabre on unsupported sensors
- Added an option to choose between Pixel 2, Pixel 3, IMX586, and IMX686 AWB
- Improved colors on Mi Note 10
- Added an option to disable Synthetic Fill Flash
- Added an option to disable auto night sight on portrait and photo
It also includes the new Storage Saver function, which allows the user to save photos and videos using special compression algorithms that reduce the space occupied.