Recently, Google I/O 2021 is to kick off and Google dropped the first Android 12 Beta with the next generation of Android, and several OEMs have announced their own release of an Android 12 beta for their respective flagships. But there is good news for Realme GT 5G users, now you can download Android 12 Beta 1 via official ROM.
Realme Android 12 preview version for developers supports Realme GT, model: RMX2202. Other models are not supported. Developed based on Android 12 Beta 1, Realme Android 12 preview Version for Developers adopts the UI design style of Realme UI V2.0.
- This program only for the Realme GT 5G Chinese variant.
- This upgrade method will erase all the contents of the phone, please be sure to backup first.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD ANDROID 12 BETA 1 FOR REALME GT 5G
- Download the upgrade firmware package of the Realme Android 1s preview version for developers, and copy the package to the root directory of your phone storage.
- Power off your phone.
- Then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button to enter Recovery mode. In Recovery mode, perform the operations according to on-screen prompts, select Install from storage, find the upgrade firmware package, and tap Install.
- During the upgrade, DO NOT perform any operation on your phone.
- After the upgrade completes, a message will be displayed, indicating that the installation is successful. Then restart your phone. After the restart, your phone will run based on Realme Android 12 preview version for developers.
Go to “Settings – Additional Settings – Back Up and Reset – Back-Up & Restore – New Backup” to back up your data.
After the backup completes, the backup file is stored in the backup folder under the root directory of your phone storage. Copy this file to your personal computer or any other device for storage.
You need to manually update the Realme GT 5G in your hand to the special customized transition version RMX2202_11.A.18* (based on the Realme UI 2.0 official version)
How to Install Android 12 Beta 1 in Realme GT 5G
Step 1. First install the transition package RMX2202_11_A.18 based on the official version of realme UI 2.0
Step 2. Reinstall Android 12 Beta 1 developer preview version update package MX2202_11_C.01
- Move the downloaded benchmark package/update package to the phone storage
- Go to the Settings app
- Then Software Update
- Now tap Settings in the upper right corner
- Manually select the installation package
- Select the downloaded benchmark package/update package
- Click install after loading
- After the verification is completed, the system will be restarted and updated
Rollback Method – Android 12 beta 1 to Realme UI 2.0
Follow the above steps to rollback your device.