After opening the early access and open beta program for several Realme smartphones in order to test the final version of Android 12 with its Realme UI 3.0, Realme has added the Realme 8 5G and Narzo 30 5G to the list of upgradeable smartphones.
Open Beta – June 27th
Two months after launching the Early Access beta, Realme has officially released the Android 12-based Realme UI 3 Open Beta for the Realme 8 5G and Narzo 30 5G.
You must be updated to the latest version to register the beta –
- Realme 8 5G – RMX3241_11_A.15
- Realme Narzo 30 5G – RMX3242_11_A.15
Apply for the Open Beta via the Software Update Application channel:
Settings > Software Update > Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner > Trial Version > Submit your details > Apply Now.
Must Read Before Apply
- Please make sure your phone is not rooted.
- To prevent data loss, please backup your personal data before proceeding.
- The latest Open Beta version will be chosen as the stable version and rolled out to all users, there is no difference if you have already joined the Open Beta program.
- Some third-party application versions might not be compatible with Android 12 yet, after updating these applications might not be available or crashing down on your device. Therefore, it is recommended to update all your applications to the latest version available in the Play Store before your update.
- The Open Beta versions may have an unpredictable impact on your phone and effect on daily use.
- Please ensure that the available phone storage is more than 5GB. Otherwise, there will be a risk of update failure (To check the phone storage head to Settings > Additional Settings > Storage).
- Due to unpredictable factors such as network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. In case the update is not received, we suggest you patiently wait for the official release.
Early Access Beta – April 26th
The brand has launched the Realme UI 3.0 Early Access Beta program with the aim of offering users the opportunity to test the upcoming software innovations, including all the new Android 12 features, on their smartphones. The program in question is available for Realme 8 5G and Narzo 30 5G. To see if your device is compatible when starting the beta program, just follow this guide.
Owners of one of these smartphones have the opportunity to try the new update before its release in stable version. According to information disclosed by Realme at the beginning of the year, for these models, the stable update is expected for the end of the second quarter of 2022.
Access to the Realme UI 3.0 Open Beta program, in addition to a compatible smartphone, also requires the installation of the latest software version. To participate in the program, simply go to Settings> Software update and follow the procedure to download the “trial version” of Realme UI 3.0. After a quick check, the system will start downloading the update which requires approximately 5GB of storage.
The application channel will open on 26th April, 2022. The applications will be accepted in batches and only limited seats are available. The number of applications open for Early Access is 1000 Users for both smartphones.
Make sure your device to the required UI version RMX3241_11_A.14 for Realme 8 5G and RMX3242_11_A.14 for Narzo 30 5G.