The stable version of Android 14 is just around the corner. After some developer previews and an extended beta period, we’re waiting for Google’s next operating system upgrade to arrive any day now. However, it would be likely that Google will release the Android 14 stable version with the Pixel 8 series. Meanwhile, a Canadian forum has given some hints about when your Google Pixel phone will receive the stable Android 14 upgrade.
According to rumours and leaks, Android 14 is expected to be released alongside Google Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro at the Made by Google event on October 4, 2023. To date, Google has yet to make an official announcement regarding the Android 14 release date.
As per the Telus software update schedule, the company said that the flagship Pixel 7 series to Pixel 4A 5G phones will receive the stable version on October 4, 2023. The schedule mentions the Android U; the U indicates that the internally codenamed Upside-Down Cake of the Android 14.
Possibly, October 04, 2023, will be the starting point for the official Android 14 version rollout for Pixel devices. As a result, it will gradually reach compatible Android partner devices and qualifying markets. However, we hope that this time, the US tech manufacturer will make an effort to serve this major upgrade on time, unlike Android 13!
Android 14 enables a more user-friendly experience, bringing a whole package of enhancements to Samsung apps and features, including a more streamlined design and broader options for personalization. Here is the complete list of features that will come with the stable version.
Google Android 14 features:
- Test your app with non-linear font scaling
- Non-linear font scaling to 200%
- Ultra HDR for images
- Zoom, Focus, Postview, and more in-camera extensions
- In-sensor zoom
- Lossless USB audio
- Apps can kill only their background processes
- Schedule exact alarms are denied by default
- Context-registered broadcasts are queued, while apps are cached
- The new reason an app can be placed in the restricted standby bucket
- Support for built-in and custom animations
- Improvements for app stores
- Regional preferences