How to Use FaceTime on Android- FaceTime is an app designed to offer video and audio calling from Apple users. Its call can be made between Apple devices. FaceTime is making its way to Android and Windows. And if, you do not own an iPhone and want to try out Apple’s video calling service. In this article, you will get the full detail of how you can use FaceTime on Android.
Some important points to keep in mind:
- Android users can join FaceTime calls only through a link.
- Users cannot generate a FaceTime meeting invite link on an Android device. In this condition, users need to ask their friend (who owns an iPhone, iPad, or Mac) to create a FaceTime meeting link and share it with you.
- FaceTime supports only Safari and Google Chrome.
How to Create a FaceTime Call Link on iPhone, iPad, or Mac:
- To get going, launch the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 15 or Mac running macOS Monterey.
- Now, tap on the “Create Link” button to generate a FaceTime meeting link.
- Next, tap the “Info” button next to the FaceTime link.
- Next up, choose “Share Link” from the pop-up menu in iOS 15. On your Mac, click the Share button.
- select the preferred method of sharing the meeting link with your friend who owns an Android device. You can send the meeting link via email, WhatsApp, Messenger, Apple Messages, and more. Besides, you also have the option to copy the link.
Join a FaceTime Call from Your Android Device:
When you receive the meeting link on your Android device, you can join the FaceTime call.
Note: Open the meeting link in the Chrome browser.
- Tap on the FaceTime link. After that, enter your name and hit the “Continue” button.
- You will get a pop-up saying, “facetime.apple.com wants to use your camera and microphone.”
- Tap on Allow to dole out the necessary permissions.
- You are only a step away from joining a Facetime video calling between iPhone and Android devices.
- Tap the green “Join” button at the top right corner.
- you should see “Waiting to be let in” at the bottom of the screen. You will be able to join the FaceTime call as soon as your iOS friend approves your join request.
- Tap the “Leave” button at the top right corner. If you want to end the call.
Also read: How to Adjust the Audio on iPhone 12 Series