Best Wi-Fi 6 Routers in 2024: As technologies have been advancing a lot with time, the modern generation has several technology upgrades and enhancements. Furthermore, Wi-Fi connectivity has been upgraded from version 5 to 6. It’s the era of Wi-Fi 6, which can now easily offer pairing efficient bands with higher connectivity speeds.
There come the Wi-Fi 6 routers, which are very handy. Several modern routers offer higher bandwidth for virtual video conferencing and 4K video streaming, whereas the most prominent aspect of a router is that it can easily be able to locate several network resources for the client devices that need them the most. Routers can seamlessly connect local networks to other networks wirelessly through the internet. With faster speed and performance, here are some of the best Wi-Fi 6-based routers, which are presented below.
Best Wi-Fi 6 Routers in 2024
1. ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000
It’s considered the most premium router among other wireless routers. The ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 offers top-notch performance with fast, reliable, and secured wireless connectivity as it has Wi-Fi 6E support.
This router offers a wireless network speed of up to 16,000 Mbps, clocking at 2.4 GHz. It also supports quick responsive LAN and WAN Ethernet and has powerful security and parental control equipment, which you can set up and organize easily through a mobile app.
- Compatibility with 2.5 Gbps & 10 Gbps internet connections.
- Wi-Fi 6E support and four Wi-Fi bands.
- Abundance of high-speed Ethernet ports.
- Powerful hardware capable of handling numerous network clients.
- Feature-rich design catering to the needs of gamers.
- Inclusion of an ultra-fast USB 3.2 port, along with a secondary USB 2.0 port.
- Robust security tools and effective parental controls.
- Incorporation of numerous advanced features, including VPN support.
- High cost, making it a premium-priced product.
- Bulky and heavy form factor.
2. TP-Link Deco W7200
The TP-Link Deco W7200 has Wi-Fi 6 support and three specific bands for network traffic, including the basic 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and an additional 5GHz band, respectively, for wireless transmission among routers and satellites.
It’s basically a mesh router that can seamlessly offer a connectivity range of up to 5,500 sq. ft. That means you can connect two devices simultaneously. Other distinctive features include a speed rating of AX3600 and wireless networking security of WPA2 and WPA3, respectively.
- Seamless installation and user-friendly management
- Robust throughput and reliable signal performance
- Inclusion of HomeShield security software enhances overall security
- Absence of USB ports
- Lack of support for multi-gig connectivity
- Limited to 80MHz channel bandwidth, does not support 160MHz channel bandwidth
3. TP-LinkArcher A8
This wireless router is perfect for some modest needs as it can offer better network connectivity, but you can only use this router for a small connectivity range as it works comparatively slower when located at a longer distance.
The router’s connection might not work if it is not located centrally in a society or home in between two rooms. On the other hand, if this router is located at a shorter distance, you will get outstanding performance. The distinctive features of the LinkArcher A8 include WPA3 support, and it’s compatible with TP-Link’s OneMesh extenders.
- Provides commendable power considering the price point
- Incorporates a range of smart features
- Extremely straightforward setup process
- Limited capabilities in terms of Quality of Service (QoS) and parental controls
- Absence of a USB port
- Sluggish performance observed on the 2.4 GHz band
4. Asus RT-AX86U Pro
With certain upgrades within its processor, the Asus RT-AX86U Pro is a quad-core-based router that operates at a speed of 2 GHz and is bounded by 1GB of RAM. The features of the router include seamlessly allowing efficient smart home setup, dealing with your QoS rules, and even running your VPN, preventing you from setting up the VPN separately across all your devices.
It’s equipped with an external antenna that can cover a medium to large house without any signal drops. Even if you wish to connect your gaming console with the router, you can easily do that as it comes with a handy 2.5GbE port located at its back. It’s basically a nice gaming router; some additional features include setting up gaming profiles; and it offers preference for mobile gaming for multiplayer gaming sessions. However, it’s slightly at the higher price point.
- Outstanding throughput, ensuring efficient data transfer
- Inclusion of security software with lifetime updates enhances long-term protection
- Supports Multi-Gig input and port aggregation for enhanced connectivity
- Ample customization options for personalized user experience
- Comes with a generous 2-year warranty for added peace of mind
- Absence of gaming-specific tools such as geofencing and ping heat map
5. Eero 6+
The Eero 6+ can seamlessly support network connections up to 1 Gbps. During online gaming sessions that require low latency, you can always prefer using a wired connection on the Eero 6+ router, which is equipped with 2 gigabit ports.
Being an Amazon product, you can easily use your voice command in order to change a few settings, as it comes with Alexa-powered speakers. However, here’s a downside as well: you need to use an additional companion application for several other settings. Although the user interface is very simple, anyone can easily understand and operate it. In contrast, you need to unlock Eero’s premium subscriptions to use a few additional settings and features.
- Seamless setup process, making it user-friendly
- Integrated Zigbee smart home hub for added convenience
- User-friendly interface enhances overall usability
- Reliable and consistent coverage throughout the designated area
- Affordability of the Wi-Fi 6 mesh system
- Falls short in speed to fully leverage gigabit speeds
- Limited availability of spare Ethernet jacks, with only one provided
- Lack of Ethernet ports on additional units
- Dual-band design means it does not support Wi-Fi 6E
Also Read | Best 4K Monitors for Gaming in 2024