Chinese tech giant OnePlus is using Oppo’s ColorOS elements in OxygenOS skin, and several features we can see in this skin, like Three style dark mode, icon customization, Gallery app, new camera UI, and more.
OnePlus has started rolling out the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 stable version for the OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro globally, the update is rolling out via OTA, but you can download full ROM given the link below. But keep in mind, the OnePlus 9 users are facing several issues after updating the update.
- The Next Flagship OnePlus 10 Expected To Launch In June 2022
- OnePlus Update Policy: These devices will get 3 majorAndroid and security updates
- How to download OxygenOS 12 on OnePlus Nord2 5G [With Rollback]
- OnePlus Nord CE getting OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 with May 2022 Security Patch
- OnePlus Nord 2T upgrades with major optimization and May 2022 patch
However, OxygenOS 12 Closed Beta program is live for selected users including the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T smartphones users. And will soon announce the Open Beta of OxygenOS 12 update.
Now the company starts pushing the update for these devices. If you didn’t get the update you can download and install the update here.
Download OxygenOS 12 Update
As always, OxygenOS 12 will be incremental. The update will reach a small percentage of users, and we’ll begin a broader rollout in a few days. Head to Settings -> System -> System updates and tap the Download button to install the OxygenOS 12 update.
How to Download and Install OxygenOS 12 update
- Download the official Rom from here
- Once the file is downloaded, go to the File Manager.
- Long press the file to select it.
- Hit the action overflow menu (three vertical dots).
- Select Cut.
- Hit Internal storage.
- Hit the Paste button to paste the file in the root directory of your phone. Now that the file is in the requisite directory, you can go ahead with the local upgrade. [Local Update APK File Here]
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Select System.
- Hit System updates.
- Hit Install Now to manually install OxygenOS 12 on your OnePlus phone.
- Once the installation is finished, navigate to the About phone page to verify the build number.