- Xiaomi, after a year of hard work, finally introduced its own new operating system - HyperOS.
- The brand is offering new HyperOS skin and, along with this, disabling the option to unlock the bootloader.
- Now, it will get too complicated, with more specific requirements.
Xiaomi, after a year of hard work, finally introduced its own new operating system – HyperOS. The brand recently launched its Xiaomi 14 series, which runs on HyperOS out of the box, and it is expected that as soon as possible, it will expand this new OS update to the rest of the eligible devices.
The brand is offering new HyperOS skin and, along with this, disabling the option to unlock the bootloader, which means users are not able to unlock the bootloader easily.
However, till now, a wide range of users have not been able to test Xiaomi HyperOS. Now, recent reports are indicating that the Chinese manufacturer would make things difficult for anyone who wanted to open the bootloader.
It’s a clearly understandable move, although it has not pleased the users, who are already trying ways to bypass these limitations. The fact is, in the Android tech industry, opening the bootloader is not a big deal and a general action among the most enthusiastic users.
This unlock then permits the users to incorporate unofficial software, such as Android ROMs which holds up devices up to date outside of the manufacturer’s support.
However, this can involve some sacrifice, and in this regard, Xiaomi made it clear: in the scenario where the users open the bootloader, then they will not have updates.
It does not matter if other elements, for instance, recovery, are not modified; once the unlock has been requested, the smartphone will not receive the OTAs.
Meanwhile, up to the present, the requirements were not too strict, beyond the long wait. But now it will get too complicated, with more specific requirements such as –
- Level five on the Xiaomi forums
- Three devices unlocked per year
- Identity proven and approved by Xiaomi
- Actively participate in solving the root cause of troubles the users are facing.